YOU UNDERSTAND THAT BY CHECKING THE "AGREE" BOX WHEN SUBMITTING A REQUEST FOR TELEMEDICINE SERVICE BY AND THROUGH THE SITE : (1) YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OFTHIS CONSENT TO TELEHEALTH IN THEIR ENTIRETY; AND (2) THIS CONSENT TO TELEHEALTH FORMS A BINDING CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND SHAPIRO MD™ REGARDING THE SUBJECT MATTER HEREOF.
All capitalized terms used in this Consent to Telehealth but not defined herein shall have the meanings assigned to them in the Shapiro MD™ Terms and Conditions. For avoidance of any doubt, the terms "Shapiro MD™," "we,", "us" or "our" refer to LifeMD, Inc. d/b/aShapiro MD, and the terms “user”, "you" and "yours" refer to the person using theTelemedicine Services.The Telemedicine Services featured on the Site involve the delivery of healthcare services using electronic communications, information technology and/or other remote means of communication between a Healthcare Provider and a user who are not in the same physical location. The Telemedicine Services may be used for diagnosis, treatment, follow-up and/or user education, and may include, but are not limited to:
- Electronic transmission of medical records, photo images, personal health information and/or other data between a patient and a Healthcare Provider;
- Interactions between a user and Healthcare Provider via audio, video and/or other means of communication; and
- Use of output data from medical devices, sound files and video files.
The electronic systems used in connection with the Telemedicine Services made available by and through the Site will incorporate reasonable network and software security protocols to help protect the privacy and security of health information and imaging data.
Possible Risks Associated with the Telemedicine Services
You should always consult in-person with your physician or other healthcare professional before utilizing any Prescription Medications and/or adopting any treatment for a health problem recommended by and through use of the Telemedicine Services. Your physician should allow for proper follow-up visits and individualize your treatment plan, as appropriate. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking professional advice because of something that you have read on the Site or in connection with any Telemedicine Services.
Please be advised that Shapiro MD™does not itself offer theTelemedicine Services madea vailable by third-party Healthcare Providers via the Site Offerings. The advice, treatment recommendations and prescription(s) made available by third-party Healthcare Providers via theTelemedicine Services will be determined by the applicable Healthcare Provider(s). You understand and agree that Shapiro MD™shall not be liable to you or any third party for any medical services and/or medications offered by any third-party Healthcare Provider(s) by and/orthrough use of the Telemedicine Services.
In addition to, and without limiting, the foregoing, please be aware of the following risks associated with use of the Telemedicine Services:
- Information transmitted to your Healthcare Provider(s) via the Telemedicine Services may not be sufficient to allow for appropriate medical decision-making by the applicable Healthcare Provider(s).
- The inability of your Healthcare Provider(s) to conduct certain tests or assess vital signs in-person may, in some cases, prevent the Healthcare Provider(s) from providing accurate diagnoses, providing appropriate treatments or identifying the need for emergency medical care or treatment.
- Your Healthcare Provider may not be able to provide medical treatment for your particular condition via the Telemedicine Services and you may need to seek alternative care.
- Delays in medical evaluation/treatment may occur due to failures in technology associated with providing the Telemedicine Services.
- Security protocols or safeguards associated with the Telemedicine Services mayfail, causing a breach in data privacy.
- Due to the regulatory requirements of certain jurisdictions, your HealthcareProvider(s) treatment options, especially pertaining to certain prescriptions, may be limited.
By agreeing to this Consent to Telehealth, you acknowledge that you understand, and agree to, the following:
- You have read this Consent to Telehealth thoroughly, and understand the risks associated with use of Telemedicine Services and the medical care and treatment provided to you in connection therewith.
- You hereby provide your informed consent to the use of Telemedicine Services by the participating Healthcare Providers in connection with your medical care.
- You understand that: (a) the delivery of healthcare services via the TelemedicineServices is an evolving field; (b) the Telemedicine Services may include technology(and uses thereof) that are not specifically described in this Consent to Telehealth;and (c) by agreeing to this Consent to Telehealth, you consent to the uses of those additional technologies.
- You understand that no specific benefits or specific results associated with theTelemedicine Services can be guaranteed. Your underlying health condition(s) maynot be improved and, in some cases, may get worse.
- You understand that the Healthcare Providers may determine, in their respective sole discretion, that your medical condition is not suitable for treatment using theTelemedicine Services, and that you may need to seek medical care and treatment in-person or from an alternative source.
- You understand that you will have access to all of your health and wellness information pertaining to your use of the Telemedicine Services in accordance with the requirements of applicable laws and regulations.
- You understand that you can withhold or withdraw this Consent to Telehealth at anytime by emailing Shapiro MD™ with such instructions; provided, however, that where you withhold or withdraw your Consent to Telehealth, you will no longer be able to access or utilize the Telemedicine Services. Absent such a withdrawal, this Consent to Telehealth will be considered renewed upon each new Telemedicine Servicesconsultation with a participating Healthcare Provider.
- You agree and authorize your Healthcare Provider to share information regarding your Telemedicine Services exam(s) with other individuals and entities (includingShapiro MD™) solely as permitted by applicable law, and solely as necessary for treatment, payment and healthcare delivery purposes.